Host a Show on Your Porch!
Throw a party with live music! And please don’t take “porch” too literally. Anything that faces the street and allows the audience to listen from your property (i.e., not on the street) will be great.
As a Porchfest host:
- You agree to host your designated band(s) on your Arlington porch, Sunday afternoon, June 7, 2020. Please check the appropriate box in the registration form to let us know if you’ll still be hosting in the event of rain. (You can update any/all of your information later, as needed.)
- You can optionally host a visual arts exhibit along with your band(s).
- The exhibit should be outdoors in parallel with your performance(s) in a way that allows the public to enjoy the sights and sounds together.
- We ask visual artists to provide the tables, easels, etc., needed to present their work. As an exhibit host, you would simply provide adequate space.
Porch host responsibilities include:
- Having the permission of the homeowner (if it’s not you)
- Inviting everyone you know to drop on by
- Assisting performers and artists with setup
- Remaining available for the duration of your host time
- Ensuring participants stay on lawns/driveways and out of the street
- And, most importantly, notifying your neighbors of your participation in the event.
Sign up my porch! (Login required.)
The registration deadline is May 8, 2020.