We want you!
Join the proud corps of Arlington Porchfest volunteers. Opportunities listed below. Take a look, see how you’d like to help, and let us know at email@example.com.
Things We Need Help With
- Organizing our March 25 Porchfest “VIP” reception
- Recruiting hosts
- Direct outreach to special locations (churches, businesses)
- General outreach to get repeat and new hosts
- Recruiting performers–especially to increase diversity in every way
- Media relations (newspapers, TV, radio) and press releases
- Social media strategy and content
- Design and distribute promotional poster/flier
- Data Wrangler / Technical
- Web development generally. And in particular, designing and implementing slick event maps and schedules for the web. Familiarity with WordPress themes would be super-helpful.
- Finding and fixing problems in porch & band registration data (missing info etc)
- Matching porches & bands and producing the schedule spreadsheet
- Producing materials
- Design and produce slick maps and schedules for print
- Design and produce yard signs
- Event Planning
- Recruiting/organizing food trucks
- Coordinating with Arlington’s other June festivals: Greek Fest, Feast of the East, Arlington Alive
- Identify ways that we can bring sponsors into Porchfest in a way that makes the event better and helps the sponsors
- Get donations from local businesses as prizes for a Porchfest raffle
- Helping on June 3
- Roving event hospitality
- Something else that we didn’t think of
Thanks for helping!!